Booze-friendly hospitals aim to ease patient woes
Parkview Ortho Hospital in Fort Wayne allows patients or family members to bring alcohol into the hospital if doctors have approved it. As first reported in The Journal Gazette, the hospital also indulges patients' fancies by serving steak dinners as a final meal before being discharged.
Though most hospitals are dry, the Parkview Ortho isn't the only one where patients may be able to wrangle a tipple. Shots learned from the Association for Healthcare Foodservice that the Henry County Medical Center in Paris, TN. and "many other healthcare facilities" stock beer, wine and even liquor to dispense to patients with their physician's blessing.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers