Booze-friendly hospitals aim to ease patient woes
Parkview Ortho Hospital in Fort Wayne allows patients or family members to bring alcohol into the hospital if doctors have approved it. As first reported in The Journal Gazette, the hospital also indulges patients' fancies by serving steak dinners as a final meal before being discharged.
Though most hospitals are dry, the Parkview Ortho isn't the only one where patients may be able to wrangle a tipple. Shots learned from the Association for Healthcare Foodservice that the Henry County Medical Center in Paris, TN. and "many other healthcare facilities" stock beer, wine and even liquor to dispense to patients with their physician's blessing.
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- 3 Better Ways to Market Bariatric Surgery
- HL20: George Halvorson—Expectations for Success
- Top 3 Health Plan Game Changers of 2013