Booze-friendly hospitals aim to ease patient woes
Parkview Ortho Hospital in Fort Wayne allows patients or family members to bring alcohol into the hospital if doctors have approved it. As first reported in The Journal Gazette, the hospital also indulges patients' fancies by serving steak dinners as a final meal before being discharged.
Though most hospitals are dry, the Parkview Ortho isn't the only one where patients may be able to wrangle a tipple. Shots learned from the Association for Healthcare Foodservice that the Henry County Medical Center in Paris, TN. and "many other healthcare facilities" stock beer, wine and even liquor to dispense to patients with their physician's blessing.
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- How Succession Planning Boosts Employee Retention Rates
- Another SGR Patch Likely, Lawmaker Says
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion