Plastic surgeon sues clients over negative reviews on Yelp, Citysearch
If you don't like your doctor's handiwork, plenty of websites invite you to share your criticism online. But go too far and you could find yourself hit with a $100,000 lawsuit. That's what happened to three woman who allegedly used Yelp and Citysearch to review the plastic surgeon who they say botched their breast surgeries. In response, Dr. Jay Pensler, a Chicago-based cosmetic surgeon, is suing each of them for $100,000 in compensatory and punitive damages. Pensler filed three separate complaints with the Circuit Court of Cook County, Ill., claiming that the three women -- Elaina Bender, Lisa Cuevas, and another woman -- attempted to "ruin the professional reputation of a well respected plastic surgeon, through false and defamatory statements." In separate comments that have since been removed from the online review sites, the women called Dr. Pensler "dangerous," "ruthless," a "liar" and "horrible," according to Pensler's complaints.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL