Super Bowl Ads Kick Off Hospital Chain Campaign
When you think of Super Bowl commercials, the first things that come to mind are ads for beer, colas, cars, fast food, and other sports programming staples. But this year, a Boston-based hospital network joined the mix with a commercial promoting its hospitals as a destination for superior healthcare.
Steward Health Care System, which operates six hospitals in Massachusetts, launched a two-month ad campaign dubbed "Believe" with a regional commercial that aired Feb. 6 during Super Bowl XLV. The 30-second spot featured people talking about their healthcare experience and what they expect from a hospital.
"We think this campaign will be a game-changer for health care marketing," said Brian Carty, chief marketing officer for Steward. "There is no bigger platform than the Super Bowl and we're excited to introduce our brand to Massachusetts in a way that demonstrates our enthusiasm and commitment to being a long-term member of the communities we serve."
To create the commercial – the first of two that will air -Steward recruited the Boathouse Group, a local firm that's worked for high profile companies including Nike and Volkswagen. The ads were shot in locations in and around Boston including the neighborhoods of Allston, Brighton, and South Boston with an emphasis on people and settings viewers could relate to.
"All the people in our ads look familiar," said Carty. "We want people to watch the ad and say' Oh, I've met that person'."
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Q&A: Catholic Health Initiatives' New Senior VP for Capital Finance
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Hospital Pricing Irks Nurses; More Jobs, Less Pay
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants