Super Bowl Ads Kick Off Hospital Chain Campaign
When you think of Super Bowl commercials, the first things that come to mind are ads for beer, colas, cars, fast food, and other sports programming staples. But this year, a Boston-based hospital network joined the mix with a commercial promoting its hospitals as a destination for superior healthcare.
Steward Health Care System, which operates six hospitals in Massachusetts, launched a two-month ad campaign dubbed "Believe" with a regional commercial that aired Feb. 6 during Super Bowl XLV. The 30-second spot featured people talking about their healthcare experience and what they expect from a hospital.
"We think this campaign will be a game-changer for health care marketing," said Brian Carty, chief marketing officer for Steward. "There is no bigger platform than the Super Bowl and we're excited to introduce our brand to Massachusetts in a way that demonstrates our enthusiasm and commitment to being a long-term member of the communities we serve."
To create the commercial – the first of two that will air -Steward recruited the Boathouse Group, a local firm that's worked for high profile companies including Nike and Volkswagen. The ads were shot in locations in and around Boston including the neighborhoods of Allston, Brighton, and South Boston with an emphasis on people and settings viewers could relate to.
"All the people in our ads look familiar," said Carty. "We want people to watch the ad and say' Oh, I've met that person'."
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital