Disney's marketing now starts in the delivery room
Apparently, it's never too early to get your child into the consumer mindset.
The NY Times reports that Disney-affiliated agents are dropping in on moms soon after they've given birth. The agents come bearing gifts: free onesie-like baby bodysuits adorned with Disney characters like Simba from "The Lion King." In exchange for the gift, moms give up their e-mail addresses—and open themselves up to the possibility that they (and their kids, of course) will get hooked on a parade of Disney products earlier than any family trying to save money would hope.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big