Disney's marketing now starts in the delivery room
Apparently, it's never too early to get your child into the consumer mindset.
The NY Times reports that Disney-affiliated agents are dropping in on moms soon after they've given birth. The agents come bearing gifts: free onesie-like baby bodysuits adorned with Disney characters like Simba from "The Lion King." In exchange for the gift, moms give up their e-mail addresses—and open themselves up to the possibility that they (and their kids, of course) will get hooked on a parade of Disney products earlier than any family trying to save money would hope.
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement