Healthcare Hits the Road
In community outreach efforts, more and more health systems are delivering healthcare information through mobile marketing trucks. Highmark Inc., a Pittsburgh-based licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, is taking healthcare to the road with a 53' tractor trailer that makes stops throughout their Pennsylvania service area.
The truck makes various stops at community events to assist group customers and extend Highmark's community outreach. The trucks visit existing customers who may not have the technology to access health insurance information sessions and activities.
Other features of the truck include the ability to sign up new customers, convert old customers to paperless records, complete wellness profiles, and make health recommendations.
In 2010 the trucks completed 40,310 miles in travel to over 200 corporate, community, and sporting events in PA. Highmark delivers health insurance information to patients at work or community events.
The white lettering "explore, evaluate, enroll" brandishes the outside of the navy blue trucks which can expand in width. The box trucks, though 26' in size are eco-friendly and run on biodiesel fuel from vegetable oil and animal fat products.
The trucks give a new meaning to mobile health delivery, as they take their mobile marketing to the streets to support Highmark's mission to be the leading community health and wellness company.
For more information Highmark's healthcare trucks please click here.
Questions? Comments? Story ideas? Anna Webster, Online Content Coordinator for HealthLeaders Media, can be reached at email@example.com.
Follow Anna Webster on Twitter
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- Small Doesn't Mean Doomed
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs