Adena Health System receives copyright on BEST care
Adena Health System has received a copyright on its BEST Clinical Care model. Implementation of the model was begun earlier this year at Adena Medical Center in Chillicothe. Essential points of the model include providing patient-centered care in which patient values guide clinical decisions; a physician-led approach with physicians accessible at all times; a multi-disciplinary approach that will provide patients with access to healthcare professionals with different areas of expertise; and evidence-based care using the latest science-based research. "Think of BEST care as an overarching umbrella," said Bambi Huffman, system director of clinical products and services at Adena. "For the patient, it provides a way for us to be consistent in the way we deliver care. For the health system, it's a springboard to the best healthcare system in the nation."
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives
- Six Not-So-Good Reasons for Avoiding Population Health