TX Methodist Hospital chief will still see patients
Marc Boom took over as chief executive officer of The Methodist Hospital System earlier this month, the first physician to run the show in almost 100 years. That background could come in handy as he helps the five-hospital system, its research institute and other programs navigate the future, and the 45-year-old Boom predicts Methodist will do well in an era of health care reform. He said Methodist is on track to join the nation's top academic health centers, on par with Massachusetts General Hospital or Johns Hopkins Hospital.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers