Report: IL hospitals' charity care growing
A report from the Illinois Hospital Association says hospitals are providing an increasing amount of charity care. The hospital association's report, released today, includes information on more than 100 Illinois hospitals that file annual community benefit reports with the state. Those hospitals provided $561 million in free and discounted care in the most recent fiscal year. That was a 124 percent increase since 2005.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms