Report: IL hospitals' charity care growing
A report from the Illinois Hospital Association says hospitals are providing an increasing amount of charity care. The hospital association's report, released today, includes information on more than 100 Illinois hospitals that file annual community benefit reports with the state. Those hospitals provided $561 million in free and discounted care in the most recent fiscal year. That was a 124 percent increase since 2005.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital