Report: IL hospitals' charity care growing
A report from the Illinois Hospital Association says hospitals are providing an increasing amount of charity care. The hospital association's report, released today, includes information on more than 100 Illinois hospitals that file annual community benefit reports with the state. Those hospitals provided $561 million in free and discounted care in the most recent fiscal year. That was a 124 percent increase since 2005.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments