AK healthcare industry booming
The health care industry is booming in Alaska, and growth will continue. Health care providers pay a $1.53 billion annual statewide payroll with nearly $1 billion of that in the Anchorage and Matanuska-Susitna regions of Southcentral Alaska. Jobs in health care totaled 31,800 in 2010, up 46 percent in 10 years. The growth rate is five times the rate of the state's overall population, and three times that of all other sectors of the economy.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions
- Payer Calls for More Primary Care Docs, Team Care