Moving a hospital: It's not brain surgery, but it is complex
After years of planning and construction, Silver Cross Hospital in Joliet, IL will begin a new chapter in its 120-year history when it officially opens its new New Lenox home at 7 a.m. Feb. 26. But how it is moving those 3.5 miles east from Joliet to 1900 Silver Cross Blvd. is a story in itself. The hospital will be moving more than 100 years of memories.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'