Jackson Health System board approves two new trauma centers
Jackson Health System's board approved a plan Monday to open trauma units at Jackson North and Jackson South in an attempt to get ahead of a possible new competition. For 14 years, Jackson had the only adult trauma unit in Miami-Dade County, but recently the state changed its regulations to allow up to six trauma centers in the county. Kendall Regional Medical Center opened a center in November, two other hospitals are in the initial stages of opening units and the Legislature is now considering proposals to deregulate trauma completely, allowing any hospital to get into the trauma business.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers