MemorialCare buys doctors' management group
Fountain Valley-based hospital operator MemorialCare Health System said today that it bought Nautilus Healthcare Management Group in Newport Beach, which provides management services for Greater Newport Physicians. Terms were not disclosed. MemorialCare owns Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center and Saddleback Memorial Medical Center. It said that Greater Newport Physicians, which has 400 doctors, will be affiliated with its MemorialCare Medical Foundation, a nonprofit medical management organization that includes 135 physicians and more than 800 contracted specialists.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'