North Shore-LIJ expands into NJ
The North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System has reached out of New York state for the first time, creating a strategic alliance with the Hackensack University Health Network in New Jersey. The system said the deal establishes its first formal relationship in New Jersey, while giving the Hackensack University Health Network access to New York City and Long Island. Both nonprofits will retain their independence, including boards, management and financial bottom lines. The two organizations hope to create cooperative programs to promote quality and patient safety.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC