Duke LifePoint JV inks Michigan deal
The joint venture between LifePoint Hospitals and Duke University has signed a non-binding agreement to take over a fifth hospital in a deal that would take the Brentwood-based company into Michigan for the first time. Duke LifePoint officials say their memorandum of understanding with the administrators of Marquette General Health System helps pave the way for a formal acquisition agreement later this spring. Marquette General Hospital, the flagship of MGHS, has 290 beds and posted a 2010 profit of about $7 million on revenues of $517 million.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream