Venture capitalists change their healthcare investments
"The changes in the health system are rocket fuel for entrepreneurs," says venture capitalist Bob Kocher. Kocher is eyeing businesses that do things like help hospitals prevent readmissions. The opportunities within complex health care ecosystems are in things as mundane as billing. Investors in Silicon Valley understand that hospitals don't want space-age solutions for tomorrow as much as they want cheap, pragmatic products that can solve basic problems.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'