Profile: Epic Systems' tough billionaire
The modern-day Mother Goose in this fairy tale was Judith Faulkner—simply known as Judy in the healthcare galaxy, living up to her motto: "Do good, have fun, make money." Forbes estimates her net worth at $1.7 billion. She has amassed her wealth by carefully choosing her customers, and eschewing the sales pitch in a community distrustful of salesmen—1% of its 5,200 employees are in sales and marketing. It has exactly five senior salespeople, and no one is paid a commission.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts