Doctor-free health tests power storefront labs in OR
A storefront lab with local branches in Vancouver, Gresham, and downtown, Any Lab Test Now is a hypochondriac's dream, collecting blood, urine and hair samples for more than 8,000 tests. Fitness buffs, the privacy conscious and the uninsured are all staples of the rapidly growing Georgia-based franchise chain with about 145 outlets across the country. The company promotes its quick turnaround and simple, transparent charges; in fact, it doesn't take insurance. Its growth taps into the "on demand" mentality of a younger, more informed generation of patients, and the health concerns of older patients as well.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013