Strong leaders, wise investments keep Baptist healthy
Baptist Health South Florida wants you to stay out of the hospital. It may seem illogical—a healthcare system actively working to keep patients from spending heavily for the hospital care. But that's exactly what Baptist's newest mission is all about, said longtime Baptist Health CEO Brian Keeley. The reason: Preventive medicine and primary care improve the public health of the community, cut healthcare costs and reduce hospital expenditures for nonpaying or uninsured patients. But with the aging baby boomer generation putting more pressure on healthcare, the shift to primary care and prevention is increasingly important for all healthcare systems, experts say.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- 5 Digital Marketing Efforts Every Hospital Should Try
- The Drug Price Reform Debate
- 16 Medicare Advantage Plans Earn 5-Star Ratings