Memorial Hermann to 'Twittercast' brain surgery
Memorial Hermann Hospital will provide a rare "Twittercast" of brain surgery Wednesday, the latest example of social media hospitals are using to educate and promote.The live event, featuring tweeting and delayed photos and video footage of the procedure, will look in as renowned neurosurgeon Dr. Dong Kim removes a benign brain tumor from a 21-year-old woman who recently began suffering seizures.Images of a few real-time brain surgeries have previously been distributed via Twitter, but none has included a video feed from the microscope providing the surgeon's view as the operation is performed. Memorial Hermann debuted that feature during its open-heart surgery Twittercast in February.
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law