Memorial Hermann to 'Twittercast' brain surgery
Memorial Hermann Hospital will provide a rare "Twittercast" of brain surgery Wednesday, the latest example of social media hospitals are using to educate and promote.The live event, featuring tweeting and delayed photos and video footage of the procedure, will look in as renowned neurosurgeon Dr. Dong Kim removes a benign brain tumor from a 21-year-old woman who recently began suffering seizures.Images of a few real-time brain surgeries have previously been distributed via Twitter, but none has included a video feed from the microscope providing the surgeon's view as the operation is performed. Memorial Hermann debuted that feature during its open-heart surgery Twittercast in February.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions