In NC, hospital suitors have many partners
If Johnston Health forges a partnership with a larger hospital, it will become one of many North Carolina community hospitals allied with one of the state's biggest players in healthcare. In recent years, Duke University Health System, UNC Health Care and Vidant Health in Greenville have signed agreements that give them a major stake in small-town hospitals. WakeMed has been slower to embark on such tie-ups, while Johnston's current management company, Quorum Health Resources, works with hospitals across the country. Within the next month, all five hospital companies will offer specifics for a partnership with Johnston County's healthcare system. Also, they hope the resources of a larger hospital will help with upcoming changes in the health-care industry.
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- When a hospital closes
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances