Cardiologist says doctors ready for more active role
Dr. William Zoghbi, director of the cardiovascular imaging institute at Methodist Hospital, was recently named president of the American College of Cardiology, taking the high-profile role as the U.S. Supreme Court prepares to rule on the Affordable Care Act. Zoghbi is one of 22 Americans chosen to carry the Olympic torch through Great Britain before the games begin there this summer. He spoke with Houston Chronicle reporter Jeannie Kever about issues facing his field.
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest