Horizon, Optimus join forces on NJ accountable-care organization
Physician-run accountable-care organization Optimus Healthcare Partners LLC has launched a new ACO with Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey in a bid to reduce medical costs and improve care for more than 40,000 Horizon members. Under the new ACO, 104 primary-care physicians and 42 physician practices throughout 11 New Jersey counties will operate as patient-centered medical homes—a model Horizon has implemented since 2011 through its Horizon Healthcare Innovations subsidiary. O'Hara said Horizon will provide incentive payments to Optimus physicians who manage patients' chronic diseases over time, instead of treating symptoms as they appear.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer