Horizon, Optimus join forces on NJ accountable-care organization
Physician-run accountable-care organization Optimus Healthcare Partners LLC has launched a new ACO with Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey in a bid to reduce medical costs and improve care for more than 40,000 Horizon members. Under the new ACO, 104 primary-care physicians and 42 physician practices throughout 11 New Jersey counties will operate as patient-centered medical homes—a model Horizon has implemented since 2011 through its Horizon Healthcare Innovations subsidiary. O'Hara said Horizon will provide incentive payments to Optimus physicians who manage patients' chronic diseases over time, instead of treating symptoms as they appear.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%