VT healthcare exchange options to vary widely
The Shumlin Administration has taken the first step to design the specific healthcare benefit packages that will be available in Vermont through the new marketplace exchange beginning in 2014. Consumers will have a range of options with different deductible levels, co-payment requirements and caps on out of pocket expenses. While some states are still struggling with the basic details of creating a consumer exchange, Vermont has made a lot of progress and the Green Mountain Care Board is now ready to consider the basic outline of benefit packages that will be available to all individuals and small businesses in January of 2014.
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream