Database features trends in healthcare workforce, education
For the first time, a detailed database on the healthcare workforce and education trends in California is available through the Office of Statewide Health Development and Planning. The Healthcare Workforce Clearinghouse provides numbers of providers by occupation and county, projected annual job openings, some wage information and educational programs that train these kinds of professionals. The information is important, as demand for these occupations is expected to increase with the full launch of federal health reform. There are reports on gender by occupation, age, race, ethnicity and languages spoken. Data is provided by the Medical Board of California and the Employment Development Department.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs