Maryland remains ahead in implementing healthcare reforms
President Barack Obama signed the Affordable Health Care Act into law in 2010 and was upheld by the Supreme Court in June. Vincent DeMarco, president of the Baltimore-based nonprofit Health Care for All, said that Maryland is better prepared than most states to implement the reforms. Demarco explained how Maryland is moving forward with healthcare reforms during a Grand Rounds presentation at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care