McKesson plans to buy PSS World Medical for $1.62 billion
McKesson Corp. agreed to acquire PSS World Medical Inc. for about $1.62 billion to expand in medical supplies and services. The offer by McKesson is 34% more than PSS World's closing share price yesterday. The deal includes the assumption of about $480 million of PSS World's debt, bringing its total value to $2.1 billion. McKesson will acquire PSS World's distribution of medical products and gain the company's $2.1 billion in annual sales.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US