LSU Shreveport hospital loses trauma rating
The American College of Surgeons has removed the Level 1 trauma center at LSU's hospital in Shreveport from its list of facilities with resources needed to provide "optimal care of the injured patient." The College of Surgeons' decision came after a team of professionals surveyed the facility last fall and found continuing "deficiencies and weaknesses" in the trauma center's operations
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care