What do top hospitals have in common? Not as much as you think
The Dartmouth Atlas has already shown big variation in the amount of care doctors provide in different areas of the country. Their latest research suggests this variation is rampant among the most respected medical institutions. A study of how 23 academic medical centers provide care shows huge variations in how the very best hospitals care for their sickest patients.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- IV Fluids Shortage Continues
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- Proton Beam Therapy Center Closure Illuminates Costs