America's stunningly overpriced healthcare system in 2 charts
It's no secret that the U.S. spends a crippling amount of money on healthcare. Here's some global perspective from Credit Suisse in two charts. The first shows healthcare spending as a share of GDP. It's not hard to find the U.S. The second chart is a bit more damning. It shows that the branded drugs Americans get are available for around half price across Europe.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer