HMA hospital group hit again
A Pennsylvania insurance network announced this week that it was canceling its Medicaid contract with the two Lancaster HMA hospitals, as well as with a Carlisle HMA hospital. The move will affect about 3,000 patients. In the wake of the developments, the head of the two local HMA hospitals said they remain dedicated to patient care. "The associates and physicians at Heart of Lancaster Regional Medical Center and Lancaster Regional Medical Center are always focused, first and foremost, on providing the highest-quality care possible in our communities," said Bob Moore, market chief executive officer of the two HMA hospitals here.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care