HMA plans continued push to expand, despite '60 Minutes' report
"The pipeline is rich." That's what Gary Newsome, the CEO of Naples-based Health Management Associates Inc., had to say when an analyst asked for an update on its hospital buying opportunities during the company's last earnings conference call. Newsome's optimism came in October, several weeks before "60 Minutes" aired a segment on its investigation of the hospital operator, in which several former employees accused the company of fraud - and of pressuring doctors into admitting patients needlessly to boost revenues.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal