Duke Health restricting hospital visits
Duke University Health System says it is restricting patient visits at its hospitals and facilities as a result of a sharp rise of influenza infections in the Triangle. Effective Wednesday afternoon, visits at the system's three hospitals and two ambulatory surgical centers will be limited to immediate family and designated caregivers over age 18 who have no fever, cough or flu-like symptoms. In addition, patients will be allowed to receive no more than two visitors at a time.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers