Top 3 Ways Hospitals Take Advantage of Holiday Cheer
I had vowed that 2012 would be different. That I would do all of my Christmas shopping in November, online. Naturally, I still found myself trudging to the mall on December 23.
Fortunately, it wasn't all for naught, because not only did I fill the remaining gaps on my Christmas gift list, I also saw a physical manifestation of a hospital marketing trend that cropped up online this season—a Christmas-themed ad.
This is nothing new. I know. You can freeze that eye-roll.
But holiday-based marketing and promotions have been growing in healthcare in recent years, largely thanks to social media. Any marketing director's social media calendar is mapped around two things:
- Condition-awareness months
- National holidays
This mindset has bled into other facets of hospital marketing, to the industry's benefit.
Here are the top three ways I have seen hospitals promoting their technology, services, and staff over the holiday season.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health