Top 3 Ways Hospitals Take Advantage of Holiday Cheer
I had vowed that 2012 would be different. That I would do all of my Christmas shopping in November, online. Naturally, I still found myself trudging to the mall on December 23.
Fortunately, it wasn't all for naught, because not only did I fill the remaining gaps on my Christmas gift list, I also saw a physical manifestation of a hospital marketing trend that cropped up online this season—a Christmas-themed ad.
This is nothing new. I know. You can freeze that eye-roll.
But holiday-based marketing and promotions have been growing in healthcare in recent years, largely thanks to social media. Any marketing director's social media calendar is mapped around two things:
- Condition-awareness months
- National holidays
This mindset has bled into other facets of hospital marketing, to the industry's benefit.
Here are the top three ways I have seen hospitals promoting their technology, services, and staff over the holiday season.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer