Hospital wants to replace 'Durham' with 'Duke'
Those in charge want to take "Durham" out of Durham Regional Hospital's name and put "Duke" in its place. "They felt like taking advantage of the Duke brand would bring more business," said Durham County Commissioners Chairman Fred Foster. "To get the recognition of Durham Regional being part of the Duke system." Durham Regional Hospital administrators and trustees made their case for a name change in one-on-one meetings with all five county commissioners and at a commissioners work session this week. A decision is due at Monday's regular commissioners' meeting.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality
- Top Reason for Nurse Turnover: Managers
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices
- Healthcare data of 1 million NJ patients compromised since 2009