Jackson Health asks for HCA trauma center to close
Ratcheting up the stakes in Miami-Dade's hospital wars, Jackson Health System has filed two petitions with the state demanding a hearing to consider its belief that the license for trauma operations at Kendall Regional Medical Center was granted illegally and should be revoked. Jackson, which for years has had the county's only trauma center, has been complaining loudly since the Scott administration decided the state needed more centers. Kendall Regional's opened in November 2011.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs