MD's healthcare experiment: An insurance co-op
Ken Ulman knows the value of health insurance: His brother Doug, the chief executive officer of the Livestrong Foundation, beat cancer three times because he had coverage, Ulman says. That's a big reason Ulman's tried to expand access to medical care as county executive of Maryland's Howard County, just south of Baltimore. It's required some innovation.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised