Should this doc have slammed her patient on Facebook?
An OB-GYN is in the middle of a social media maelstrom after complaining about a patient on her Facebook page. Dr. Amy Dunbar, 33, of St. John's Mercy Medical Center in St. Louis, Mo., posted on the social networking site in late January about a patient who continually showed up late to her scheduled appointments. When asked in the comments why she didn't cancel the procedure or transfer the woman to another doctor, Dunbar stated that the patient had previously endured a stillbirth. The post was publicly visible and not restricted to Dunbar's 470 friends.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health