Prime Healthcare to buy Newark's Saint Michael's Medical Center
Prime Healthcare Services, the troubled Claifornia-based for-profit hospital chain, announced yesterday it has purchased Saint Michael's Medical Center in Newark. This is the second New Jersey hospital Prime has acquired in the last four months, and is the latest in a series of acquisitions the company has made as they aggressively expand across the country. But concerns have been raised in other states over Prime's business practices because of pending investigations into alleged Medicare fraud and violations of patient confidentiality. The company has denied any wrongdoing.
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest