MaineHealth nears deal with NH hospital
PORTLAND, Maine — MaineHealth, the parent organization of Maine Medical Center in Portland, announced plans Monday to add its first out-of-state hospital to its system of health care facilities. The MaineHealth board of trustees last week approved a membership agreement with the North Conway, N.H.,-based Memorial Hospital after nearly 18 months of talks between the organizations. The addition of a New Hampshire institution to one of Maine's largest health care networks is the latest in a string of new hospital alliances across the state's medical landscape, as health care providers gravitate toward partnerships in an effort to create efficiencies and save money.
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Lahey Health Reexamines the Appropriate Care Model
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems