MaineHealth nears deal with NH hospital
PORTLAND, Maine — MaineHealth, the parent organization of Maine Medical Center in Portland, announced plans Monday to add its first out-of-state hospital to its system of health care facilities. The MaineHealth board of trustees last week approved a membership agreement with the North Conway, N.H.,-based Memorial Hospital after nearly 18 months of talks between the organizations. The addition of a New Hampshire institution to one of Maine's largest health care networks is the latest in a string of new hospital alliances across the state's medical landscape, as health care providers gravitate toward partnerships in an effort to create efficiencies and save money.
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules
- A new way insurers are shifting costs to the sick
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch