Catholic Health East, Trinity Health merger completed
Catholic Health East and Trinity Health completed their previously announced merger, creating one of the nation's largest Catholic health systems. The new organization — as of now unnamed — will be based in Livonia, Mich., home of Trinity, while maintaining a divisional office presence in Newtown Square, Pa., home of Catholic Health East.The combined health-care system will have facilities in 21 states, combined annual operating revenues of about $13.3 billion and assets of about $19.3 billion, and provide almost $1 billion a year in charity care and other community benefit programs.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts