A techie walks us through healthcare.gov's two big problems
Jyoti Bansal is the founder of AppDynamics, an application management company that, among other things "makes sure essential software applications of customers such as Netflix stay up and running." I gave him a call to talk about some of the technological challenges that have plagued HealthCare.Gov during its first week online, what's causing those problems, and what he would change if put in charge of the project. What follows is a transcript of our conversation, lightly edited for clarity.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013