A techie walks us through healthcare.gov's two big problems
Jyoti Bansal is the founder of AppDynamics, an application management company that, among other things "makes sure essential software applications of customers such as Netflix stay up and running." I gave him a call to talk about some of the technological challenges that have plagued HealthCare.Gov during its first week online, what's causing those problems, and what he would change if put in charge of the project. What follows is a transcript of our conversation, lightly edited for clarity.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians