A techie walks us through healthcare.gov's two big problems
Jyoti Bansal is the founder of AppDynamics, an application management company that, among other things "makes sure essential software applications of customers such as Netflix stay up and running." I gave him a call to talk about some of the technological challenges that have plagued HealthCare.Gov during its first week online, what's causing those problems, and what he would change if put in charge of the project. What follows is a transcript of our conversation, lightly edited for clarity.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments