News: Hospital Compare updates made
New measures for stroke and venous thromboembolism were added to CMS’ Hospital Compare website in December, the AHA NewsNow reported. It also added five readmission measures—heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, hip and knee replacements, and hospital-wide readmissions—that had not been reported previously due to concerns related to data calculations. Complications related to hip and knee replacements were also added.
CMS withheld reporting for MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) and C-Diff (Clostridium Difficile), stating that some hospitals may not have sufficient samples to report statistically valid information.
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- Reducing Readmissions Starts with Better Collaboration
- Ebola: A New Normal in Dallas
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- Partners HealthCare M&A Deal Under Scrutiny
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- How Educated Nurses Save Money
- Health Literacy Month Gets a Boost from Payers