News: Hospital Compare updates made
New measures for stroke and venous thromboembolism were added to CMS’ Hospital Compare website in December, the AHA NewsNow reported. It also added five readmission measures—heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, hip and knee replacements, and hospital-wide readmissions—that had not been reported previously due to concerns related to data calculations. Complications related to hip and knee replacements were also added.
CMS withheld reporting for MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) and C-Diff (Clostridium Difficile), stating that some hospitals may not have sufficient samples to report statistically valid information.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files