News: Hospital Compare updates made
New measures for stroke and venous thromboembolism were added to CMS’ Hospital Compare website in December, the AHA NewsNow reported. It also added five readmission measures—heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, hip and knee replacements, and hospital-wide readmissions—that had not been reported previously due to concerns related to data calculations. Complications related to hip and knee replacements were also added.
CMS withheld reporting for MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) and C-Diff (Clostridium Difficile), stating that some hospitals may not have sufficient samples to report statistically valid information.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013