News: Hospital Compare updates made
New measures for stroke and venous thromboembolism were added to CMS’ Hospital Compare website in December, the AHA NewsNow reported. It also added five readmission measures—heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, hip and knee replacements, and hospital-wide readmissions—that had not been reported previously due to concerns related to data calculations. Complications related to hip and knee replacements were also added.
CMS withheld reporting for MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) and C-Diff (Clostridium Difficile), stating that some hospitals may not have sufficient samples to report statistically valid information.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Top Reason for Nurse Turnover: Managers
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Healthcare data of 1 million NJ patients compromised since 2009