News: Hospital Compare updates made
New measures for stroke and venous thromboembolism were added to CMS’ Hospital Compare website in December, the AHA NewsNow reported. It also added five readmission measures—heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, hip and knee replacements, and hospital-wide readmissions—that had not been reported previously due to concerns related to data calculations. Complications related to hip and knee replacements were also added.
CMS withheld reporting for MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) and C-Diff (Clostridium Difficile), stating that some hospitals may not have sufficient samples to report statistically valid information.
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers