Download the PDF of the entire January issue of the CDI Journal
Director’s Note 5
ICD-10 will take center stage at May conference.
Dual coding 6
Coding for ICD-10 now highlights areas for physician education and concurrent CDI opportunities.
Staff retention 8
Programs put bonus models in place to keep staff engaged through ICD-10 implementation.
Homegrown training 10
Comprehensive efforts lead to new team member success.
Staff goals 12
Sample goals for new CDI staff outline expectations from three months to two years.
EHR efforts 14
Three specialists share their EHR implementation experiences.
Meet a member 16
Christina Raad, RN, CCDS, receives her certification.
Physician corner 17
Trey La Charité, MD, discusses how CDI helps prevent auditor denials.
Clinical corner 20
Richard Pinson, MD, FACP, CCS, revisits respiratory failure documentation.
Survey results 24
Get the breakdown on how programs are preparing for the ICD-10 transition.
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- Excluded Benefits Lists Spark Debate