Download the PDF of the entire January issue of the CDI Journal
Director’s Note 5
ICD-10 will take center stage at May conference.
Dual coding 6
Coding for ICD-10 now highlights areas for physician education and concurrent CDI opportunities.
Staff retention 8
Programs put bonus models in place to keep staff engaged through ICD-10 implementation.
Homegrown training 10
Comprehensive efforts lead to new team member success.
Staff goals 12
Sample goals for new CDI staff outline expectations from three months to two years.
EHR efforts 14
Three specialists share their EHR implementation experiences.
Meet a member 16
Christina Raad, RN, CCDS, receives her certification.
Physician corner 17
Trey La Charité, MD, discusses how CDI helps prevent auditor denials.
Clinical corner 20
Richard Pinson, MD, FACP, CCS, revisits respiratory failure documentation.
Survey results 24
Get the breakdown on how programs are preparing for the ICD-10 transition.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition