6 reasons Obamacare premiums are going up next year
Summer is upon us. For most Americans, this means bathing suits and beaches. For America's health wonks, hot weather signals something completely different: it's the start of health insurance rate filing season. Health insurance plans are just now starting to turn in the prices they want to set for coverage next year. These filings are the first glimpse at how expensive Obamacare will be in 2015. They're not easy to read, either: insurance rate filings tend to be dozens of pages long, filled with charts and jargon. No individual filing tells the entire story of how much premiums will increase in 2015.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- IV Fluids Shortage Continues