Twin Cities nurses: Strike notice to be filed today
The Minnesota Nurses Association abruptly told hospital negotiators Thursday that it intends to file a strike notice today, setting the stage for a walkout against Twin Cities hospitals that could begin as soon as July 5. The surprise notification came after negotiators for the two sides sat down with a federal mediator for the first contract talks in almost three weeks. The nurses voted overwhelmingly on Monday to authorize a strike, but union officials said they would postpone calling a strike as long as there were "productive" negotiations.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Access to EHR Notes Lauded by Patients, Providers