Assisted Living Average Cost $90K Per Year
Demands for nursing home, assisted living, and home healthcare agencies are expanding rapidly. However, costs for the services can vary widely, according to a report from Univita Health, a Scottsdale, AZ, company that locates and manages resources for this aging population.
Univita Health surveyed more than 2,000 nursing homes, 2,000 assisted living facilities and 2,000 home healthcare agencies nationwide between April and May 2010. Rates obtained included private pay rates for single-occupancy rooms in Medicare-certified skilled nursing facilities, hourly rates for home health aides for Medicare-certified and non-certified home healthcare agencies, and monthly rates for assisted living facilities.
The average annual cost nationwide of a private room in a Medicare-certified skilled nursing facility (SNF) for all regions surveyed in this study was $90,155. Meanwhile, the average daily rate for a single occupancy, private room in a Medicare-certified SNF was $247.
Also, the average monthly rate for a private, single occupancy room in an assisted living facility was $3,294.67 per month, while the average monthly rate for a semi-private room in an assisted living facility was $2,025.28 per month.
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers