Assisted Living Average Cost $90K Per Year
Demands for nursing home, assisted living, and home healthcare agencies are expanding rapidly. However, costs for the services can vary widely, according to a report from Univita Health, a Scottsdale, AZ, company that locates and manages resources for this aging population.
Univita Health surveyed more than 2,000 nursing homes, 2,000 assisted living facilities and 2,000 home healthcare agencies nationwide between April and May 2010. Rates obtained included private pay rates for single-occupancy rooms in Medicare-certified skilled nursing facilities, hourly rates for home health aides for Medicare-certified and non-certified home healthcare agencies, and monthly rates for assisted living facilities.
The average annual cost nationwide of a private room in a Medicare-certified skilled nursing facility (SNF) for all regions surveyed in this study was $90,155. Meanwhile, the average daily rate for a single occupancy, private room in a Medicare-certified SNF was $247.
Also, the average monthly rate for a private, single occupancy room in an assisted living facility was $3,294.67 per month, while the average monthly rate for a semi-private room in an assisted living facility was $2,025.28 per month.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care