State health authorities investigating another death at Seattle Children’s hospital
The state Department of Health is investigating the death of another child at Seattle Children's hospital — a newborn who died two days before an 8-month-old girl died Sept. 19 of a medication overdose.
At a news briefing Thursday evening, Dr. David Fisher, Children's medical director, said the critically ill newborn was being transported from another hospital to Children's in Children's neonatal ambulance on Sept. 17.
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Another SGR Patch Likely, Lawmaker Says
- Rules to Rein in HIX Narrow Networks Could Drive Away Payers
- How Succession Planning Boosts Employee Retention Rates
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers