State health authorities investigating another death at Seattle Children’s hospital
The state Department of Health is investigating the death of another child at Seattle Children's hospital — a newborn who died two days before an 8-month-old girl died Sept. 19 of a medication overdose.
At a news briefing Thursday evening, Dr. David Fisher, Children's medical director, said the critically ill newborn was being transported from another hospital to Children's in Children's neonatal ambulance on Sept. 17.
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure