State health authorities investigating another death at Seattle Children’s hospital
The state Department of Health is investigating the death of another child at Seattle Children's hospital — a newborn who died two days before an 8-month-old girl died Sept. 19 of a medication overdose.
At a news briefing Thursday evening, Dr. David Fisher, Children's medical director, said the critically ill newborn was being transported from another hospital to Children's in Children's neonatal ambulance on Sept. 17.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- 3 Things the Ice Bucket Challenge Can Teach Hospital Marketers