State health authorities investigating another death at Seattle Children’s hospital
The state Department of Health is investigating the death of another child at Seattle Children's hospital — a newborn who died two days before an 8-month-old girl died Sept. 19 of a medication overdose.
At a news briefing Thursday evening, Dr. David Fisher, Children's medical director, said the critically ill newborn was being transported from another hospital to Children's in Children's neonatal ambulance on Sept. 17.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told