State health authorities investigating another death at Seattle Children’s hospital
The state Department of Health is investigating the death of another child at Seattle Children's hospital — a newborn who died two days before an 8-month-old girl died Sept. 19 of a medication overdose.
At a news briefing Thursday evening, Dr. David Fisher, Children's medical director, said the critically ill newborn was being transported from another hospital to Children's in Children's neonatal ambulance on Sept. 17.
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- Hospitals Profit On Bloodstream Infections
- Less Blood Testing for Some Surgeries Safe, Cost Effective
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- Lower ED Margins Demand a Better Strategy
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions