State health authorities investigating another death at Seattle Children’s hospital
The state Department of Health is investigating the death of another child at Seattle Children's hospital — a newborn who died two days before an 8-month-old girl died Sept. 19 of a medication overdose.
At a news briefing Thursday evening, Dr. David Fisher, Children's medical director, said the critically ill newborn was being transported from another hospital to Children's in Children's neonatal ambulance on Sept. 17.
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- Reducing Readmissions Starts with Better Collaboration
- Ebola: A New Normal in Dallas
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- Partners HealthCare M&A Deal Under Scrutiny
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- How Educated Nurses Save Money
- Health Literacy Month Gets a Boost from Payers