Nurses picket Eastern Maine Medical Center
Off-duty registered nurses covered by the union contract at Eastern Maine Medical Center picketed the hospital Monday.
The purpose of the demonstration was “informational,” according to Vanessa Sylvester of the Maine State Nurses Association, intended to raise public awareness of ongoing contract negotiations between the nurses and the hospital administration.
Hospital officials said patient care and other operations at EMMC will not be affected by the picketing.
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- Healthcare Consolidation: M&A Not the Only Way
- Healthcare Costs 'An Abomination' Says Senate Finance Committee Chair
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- 6 CNO-to-CEO Strategies
- PwC: Pace of Rising Medical Costs Slowing