Coroner: Nurse at CA mental hospital was strangled
An autopsy has found that a psychiatric nurse at a California mental hospital was strangled.
Authorities suspect 54-year-old Donna Gross was killed Saturday by a mentally ill patient in the courtyard at Napa State Hospital.
The Napa County coroner's office said Tuesday that Gross died of asphyxiation.
Jess Willard Massey was arrested Sunday for investigation of murder and robbery and is expected to make his first court appearance Tuesday.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer