Coroner: Nurse at CA mental hospital was strangled
An autopsy has found that a psychiatric nurse at a California mental hospital was strangled.
Authorities suspect 54-year-old Donna Gross was killed Saturday by a mentally ill patient in the courtyard at Napa State Hospital.
The Napa County coroner's office said Tuesday that Gross died of asphyxiation.
Jess Willard Massey was arrested Sunday for investigation of murder and robbery and is expected to make his first court appearance Tuesday.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal