Coroner: Nurse at CA mental hospital was strangled
An autopsy has found that a psychiatric nurse at a California mental hospital was strangled.
Authorities suspect 54-year-old Donna Gross was killed Saturday by a mentally ill patient in the courtyard at Napa State Hospital.
The Napa County coroner's office said Tuesday that Gross died of asphyxiation.
Jess Willard Massey was arrested Sunday for investigation of murder and robbery and is expected to make his first court appearance Tuesday.
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Boston Marathon Bombing Yields Lessons for Hospitals
- How Physicians Can Help Ease Mental Health Provider Shortages
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Physicians as Economic Powerhouses and Tech Laggards
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- The Flourishing Medical Tourism Business in America