Coroner: Nurse at CA mental hospital was strangled
An autopsy has found that a psychiatric nurse at a California mental hospital was strangled.
Authorities suspect 54-year-old Donna Gross was killed Saturday by a mentally ill patient in the courtyard at Napa State Hospital.
The Napa County coroner's office said Tuesday that Gross died of asphyxiation.
Jess Willard Massey was arrested Sunday for investigation of murder and robbery and is expected to make his first court appearance Tuesday.
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Q&A: Catholic Health Initiatives' New Senior VP for Capital Finance
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Hospital Pricing Irks Nurses; More Jobs, Less Pay
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Hospital Pricing Data Dump Won't Hurt You, Yet