Coroner: Nurse at CA mental hospital was strangled
An autopsy has found that a psychiatric nurse at a California mental hospital was strangled.
Authorities suspect 54-year-old Donna Gross was killed Saturday by a mentally ill patient in the courtyard at Napa State Hospital.
The Napa County coroner's office said Tuesday that Gross died of asphyxiation.
Jess Willard Massey was arrested Sunday for investigation of murder and robbery and is expected to make his first court appearance Tuesday.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition